The California State University, Northridge Department of Geological Sciences seeks to hire a full-time Instructional Technician to manage existing Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (LA-ICPMS) and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) laboratories. Facilities include an Element2 ICPMS, a New Wave UP193 ArF excimer laser system, a dedicated class 1000 clean laboratory, and a FEI Quanta 600 SEM with EDS, EBSD, and CL detectors.
The incumbent is responsible for:
– training and supervising all student and visiting users, with a particular focus on assisting CSUN graduate and undergraduate students;
– sample processing;
– analysis and data reduction;
– routine maintenance of LA-ICPMS and SEM and scheduling major maintenance with contracted technicians (both systems are under service contracts);
– monitoring and ordering consumables as needed;
– scheduling users and maintaining online laboratory calendars;
– performing on-call duties as necessary
Please follow the link below to read more about the job description and to apply:
Initial screening begins May 8th and will continue until the position is filled.
Please forward along to any interested parties and help us spread the word. Many thanks!