True North Consultants is a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm dedicated to providing our clients with sustainable site development and resource management solutions. With corporate headquarters located in Naperville, Illinois and a second office located in Madison, Wisconsin, True North serves the environmental management, land development and public infrastructure needs of clients both locally and nationally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
True North is seeking a detail oriented, organized, personable, and dependable candidate to fill a Project Scientist (Geologist, Hydrogeologist, Environmental Geologist, Geological Engineer, Soils Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Soil Scientist, etc.) position, in our Madison, Wisconsin office, to support company expansion, under the direct supervision of the Madison Office Manager. The full-time position will support all company operations with the following:
- Performing Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments under the supervision of an
- Performing Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments including soil, groundwater, and vapor sampling.
- Oversee various field activities including drilling of soil borings, installation of
groundwater monitoring wells, and excavation of contaminated soils/material.
- Perform installation of sub-slab vapor sampling ports, collecting groundwater samples from monitoring wells, collecting soil samples from borings and excavations, and other field tasks.
- Analyze data and prepare reports in accordance with Company standards.
- Provide support to project managers and engineers for environmental assessments (Phase I and Phase II), remediation projects (UST and soil removal) and field sampling programs
- Education: BA/BS in Science Related Discipline
- Years of Experience: 0-2 Years
- Location: This position would be based out of the Madison, Wisconsin office and
requires travel and field work throughout Wisconsin with occasional travel out-of-state
- Overnight stays and/or weekend work may be required periodically
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good organizational, time management, and communications skills required
- Professional Licenses/Certifications Preferred But Not Required: OSHA 40 Hour
HAZWOPER, Wisconsin Asbestos Inspector certification
- Familiarity with WDNR regulations (specifically NR100, NR500, NR700 series) and ASTM E1527-13 and/or EPA’s All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) Rule
- This position requires a valid driver’s license
- Medical approval by the Company’s appointed physician, after employment is accepted, prior to the first day of work
True North offers competitive benefits inclusive of 401(k), health insurance, bonus incentive programs and PTO. Salary commensurate with experience. True North is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Please respond with resume to: Michelle Schmidt, email@example.com and Chris Valcheff, firstname.lastname@example.org.