Links to XRD resources:
There are couple of great resource to provide you the background knowledge of XRD. Books are available at the geology library. Links to XRD resources are below.
- Modern Powder Diffraction by Bish and Post(1989), Vol.20 of the Mineralogical Society of America’s Reviews in Meneralogy.
- X-ray Diffraction and Identification and Analysis of Clay Minerals (2nd edition) by Moore and Reynolds, Oxford University Press (1997)
- General Structure Analysis System package for refinement of structural models (NIST site)
- ICDD Home Page
Links to Minerals, especially Clay Mineralogy:
- Clay Minerals Society
- Clay Mineralogy Lecture notes by Paul Schroeder of University of Georgia
- Mineral Structure Database by Joe Smyth at Univ. of Colorado
- American Mineralogist Crystal Structure Database
- USGS Clay Mineral Identification Flow Program
Links to Metals and Alloys: