- Garmin GPS handhelds (Etrex, Etrex Venture, Etrex Vista Cx, Etrex Vista HCx); Device driver links: Garmin device driver, IO Networks Edgeport serial-USB device driver; Related software links: GPS Babel, Google Earth
- 3 Trimble 4000SSi dual frequency GPS receivers; Documentation: Static survey quick reference, Entering event marks; Related software links: GPLoad, Data Transfer
- 3 Trimble dual frequency choke ring antennas
- 3 Trimble dual frequency Zepher geodetic antennas
- 3 Trimble 4600LS single frequency GPS receivers (each with integrated L1 antenna)
- 4 antenna bipods
- 2 Seco Surlok adjustable tripods
- Trimble GPSurvey version 2.35*
cm level differential static positioning
cm level differential kinematic positioning (no RTK hardware, post process only)
- JPL GIPSY and Automatic Precise Positions Service (APPS)
mm level absolute static positioning
Senior Instrumentation Technologist
1215 W. Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706
Neal Lord will schedule equipment use, check equipment out and in, and offer GPS surveying advice. Please contact him if you are part of the UW–Madison Engineering Department and want to use GPS to survey your field area.