Position title: Scientist I
151 Weeks Hall
1215 W. Dayton St
I am meteoriticist with primary interests on calcium-aluminum-rich inclusions (CAIs) and chondrules in primitive chondrites, interplanetary dust particles (IDPs), and cometary samples returned by NASA Stardust mission. My research focus on the stable isotopes (O and Mg) of these materials to constrain their sources and elucidate their formation mechanisms in the early solar system. Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS) is the major technique I use, and I am involved in the developments of analytical methods and reference materials.
- Genetic relationship between CAIs and chondrules.
- Source of cometary silicates.
- Formation mechanisms of CAIs and chondrules.
- Meteoritical Society: Member 2017-
- Geochemical Society: Member 2022-