We envision the intellectual discipline of geoscience as a dynamic tetrahedron. Its volume includes the Earth system as a whole. Its six edges connect the four vertices: the rock record, the solid Earth, the fluid Earth, and the living Earth. Below are some diverse examples of current research projects. To search for other projects, follow the links below.
- Formation of the ‘Great Unconformity’ as a trigger for the Cambrian explosion
- Students size up seismic sensor sites (US Array in Wisconsin)
- Wisconsin Astrobiology Research Consortium (WARC)
- Hydrogeology Graduate Student Research
- Intrusion triggering of the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull explosive eruption
- Active grants awarded by EAR at NSF (search)
- Grants awarded by USGS Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (search)